Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Today we saved some baby birds from death. I am so proud of my kids! They were working outside when they heard the babies chirping and went over to investigate. The parents had built their nest in the power box above the lawn and the bottom fell through. There was no way we could put the babies back in the nest and the parents were freaking out. So the kids went and rescued the babies, fed them meal worms. When I got home we called the Nature Center who gave us the number of the Wildlife Rehabilitation Center of Northern Utah (801-814-7888). We took the babies down there (they told us they were house sparrows) and they adopted them so they wouldn't die! I thumped myself later because we didn't get a picture of the babies before we took them down but they were so cute and helpless. So if anyone needs any advice on wildlife give the rehab center a call. They were awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment